Morgan Twain-Peterson founded Sonoma’s Bedrock Wine Co. in 2007 in a 550 square-foot, former chicken coop with 8 foot ceilings and no fermentation space. Since then, they have moved to more spacious digs, but their ethos remains the same: “To dream big but keep production low.” The son of Ravenswood Winery founder Joel Peterson, Morgan made his first batch of wine at the age of five and has never looked back.
Bedrock makes over twenty different wines, ranging from Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Chardonnay to Rosé, Zinfandel and a number of blends featuring a dizzying array of little-known heirloom varietals. As Peterson said in a recent interview with Santa Rosa’s Press Democrat, “My goal with Bedrock has always been to make delicious wines of place, usually sourced from very unique vineyards.”
On Tuesday, December 10th, Comal will welcome Twain-Peterson for a special dinner showcasing a broad selection of Bedrock wines paired with dishes by Comal’s executive chef Matt Gandin. Dinner guests will have the opportunity to engage in lively conversation with Peterson and learn firsthand about his winemaking approach.
This is the fourth in an ongoing series of wine producer dinners (previous dinners include Wind Gap Wines, Arnot-Roberts Wines and Donkey & Goat Wines) held in Comal’s private dining room, Abajo. All previous events have sold out in advance.
DATE/TIME: Tuesday, December 10th at 6:30 PM
PRICE: Tickets are $100 inclusive of food, wine and gratuity
RESERVATIONS: Space is limited – to purchase tickets, click here
ADDRESS: Comal is located at 2020 Shattuck Avenue (at University Avenue) in Berkeley
Chilled Dungeness crab cocktel avocado, ruby grapefruit
2012 Ode to Lulu Rosé, California
Sunchoke soup hoja santa, green apple salsa
2012 Campagni Portis Heritage White, Sonoma Valley
Chile relleno en nogada walnut sauce, pomegranates
2012 Evangelho Heritage Red, Contra Costa County
Beef brisket tamale mole coloradito
2012 The Bedrock Heritage Wine, Sonoma Valley
Flan traditional candied kumquats
2011 Monte Rosso Botrytized Semillon, Sonoma Valley
Bedrock Wine Co. Objectives:
- To channel the fruit of ancient vines into powerful, elegant, and distinctly Californian wines.
- To spread the gospel of Syrah in California by sourcing fruit from great terroirs throughout the North Coast.
- To proclaim the greatness of Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon by sparing no expense on wines of uniqueness and personality.
- To reclaim rose’ from the excesses of saignee and focus on precision, delicacy, aromatics, and food friendliness.
- To make fascinating and quixotic white wines from unique sites and interesting varietals.
- To dream big but keep production low!